Dossiers must contain adequate factual or narrative material that describes the extent to which an individual meets the awards criteria. Upload a completed dossier (one PDF) as outlined below and use objective data to support the nomination.
Please follow the dossier guidelines below to prepare a dossier for the Award for Excellence in Career Advising.
Complete dossiers must be received by the published deadline to receive further consideration. Each dossier must include:
- A Letter of Nomination/Cover Letter (three pages maximum)
- A personal statement from the candidate about why it is important to them to assist students with their career journey (two single-spaced pages maximum)
- Three to five letters of recommendation from colleagues, students, or alumni.*
*Short letters of nomination from students may be excerpted and consolidated into a single “letter” (to be considered as one of the five)
Dossiers must include only original documentation prepared specifically for the award in which they are submitting the dossier. Materials intended for other award programs will not be considered.
- If you have been nominated for an Academic Advising Award (Alumni Award for Excellence in Graduate Academic Advising, Alumni Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising, Outstanding Administrator Award, Outstanding New Advisor Award, or the Provost's Award for Excellence in Advising), please fill out the Academic Advising Award Confirmation form. If you have been nominated for the Award for Excellence in Career Advising, you may continue directly to step 2.
- Go to Sharepoint and log in with your email@example.com and password
- Open the advisor’s folder and upload the completed dossier (Once the folder is open, either drag & drop the file or click “upload”)
- (Please name your file with the nominee’s: lastname_firstname)
A non-conforming dossier will not be considered.