Outstanding Administrator Award
Description of Award
The Outstanding Administrator Award is given annually to recognize an individual who serves in exemplary ways as either an administrator or director of advising. The Award includes a $2000 cash prize and membership in the University’s Academy of Advising Excellence, and a digital badge to verify the nominee is a deserving recipient of this award.
The nominee must be a full-time administrator or director of advising who has served in this role a minimum of 3 years at the time of the nomination.
The Advising Awards Committee evaluates on the evidence of qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding advising administrator including:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Participation in a larger campus or higher education initiatives related to the efficacy of academic advising
- Evidence of administering an academic advising program that supports NACADA’s Core Values
- Ability to engage in, promote, and support advising grounded ib sound theory, research, and educational practice
- Evidence that the advising program reflects the standards of good practice in the CAS Standards and Guidelines for Academic Advising
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Testimony by colleagues of nominee’s advising administration skills and/or performance
- Evidence of student success rate, by an advisor or by department, within the purview of the advising administrator
- Institutional recognition of nominee for outstanding advising or advising administration
- Evidence of departmental growth and development, including successful initiatives, implementations, or enhancements, brought forth under the direction of the advising administrator
- Evidence of successful collaboration with other academic or student support units on campus
- Caring, helpful attitude toward students, direct reports, and other campus colleagues
General Procedures for Nominations
- Faculty, staff, administrators, or students will nominate individuals for the Award
- To encourage participation nominators need only to provide a nomination to put someone into consideration
- After an individual is nominated, the appropriate department or unit will be notified; and the nominee’s supervisor will be encouraged to oversee submission of a dossier
The award recipient will receive a digital badge to proudly display on social media, email, LinkedIn accounts and more!