- Calendar Sync
- Creating Advanced Searches
- Filter Recommendations
- How to set-up availability
- Outlook inbox rule for reminder emails
- Running reports (ie advising appointments)
- Setting up a watch list
- Student View (making an appointment with their assigned advisor)
- Student View (making an appointment with a major they are interested in)
- Tagging Policy 91 Timeline and Directions
In Navigate, kiosks enable self-service check-in to advising and tutoring appointments, study hall, and any other service locations or facilities for which the kiosk functionalities are active. For example, some institutions use kiosks to track computer usage at the library. Administrators could then pull a report on library computer use through the Navigate.
Any laptop or desktop with USB functionality can be used as a kiosk when a user with the correct permissions logs into the Platform and selects “Kiosk Mode” from a menu.
We have a limited number of card swipes, please inquire about this while requesting training for kiosk set-up.
Alerts and Cases within the platform allows for a more intentional interaction with students in the referral process. Anyone with the appropriate access can issue an alert on a student which sends a notification to the office being referred to. At this point the office being referred to will send communication to the student depending on their guidelines in the below chart. The available referral offices continue to grow each semester as we continue to enhance this functionality of the platform.
Categories are a specific way to “group” similar students together. For instance, you may organize students into sports categories (e.g. Football and Women’s Tennis). Information for categories is coming from Banner on a nightly basis. The current categories found in the platform are:
- 1st Academic Probation
- 1st Academic Suspension
- 2nd Academic Probation
- 2nd Academic Suspension
- 3rd Academic Probation
- Academic Warning
- All Minors
- Applied for Degree - Student has applied for their degree.
- Final Academic Suspension
- First Generation
- Military Dependents
- NCAA Athletes and their sport
- Non-Resident Alien - Students who are not US citizens and do not meet additional criteria for tax purposes.
- Race/Ethnicity (Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic of any race, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Race not reported, Two or more races, White)
- Underrepresented Minority - Any ethnic group or race whose representation among students at Virginia Tech is disproportionately less than their proportion in the general population.
Tags are used to signify that a student is part of a particular group. Tags can only be added and removed manually from the pre-existing list within Navigate. The current tags found in the platform are:
- Policy 91 Notification: student has been notified they are in violation of Policy 91 and have the current semester to reconcile this violation.
- Policy 91 Suspension: student has been notified they need to change their major due to the fact they did not meet Policy 91 requirements.
- 125% Warning: The student was notified that according to our records, they have attempted total credits equaling or exceeding 100% of the hours required for their declared degree program.
- 125% Exceeded: The student was notified that they have attempted total credits equaling or exceeding 125% of the hours required for their declared degree program. As such, the state required tuition surcharge will be applied.
Appointment Campaigns enable advisors to request that specific students select a specific date and time in which to schedule an appointment. This is in contrast to the advisor creating appointments for each student. This feature is commonly used when an advisor must meet with all their students at least once per term.
- How to Develop a Successful Appointment Campaign
- Sample Campaign: Second Year to Graduation
- Sample Campaign: Transfer Students to Graduation
- EAB: Targeted Advising Campaigns 101 Presentation
- EAB: Targeted Advising Campaigns Toolkit
- EAB: Measuring Campaign Effectiveness Toolkit
- EAB: SSC Resource Email Templates and Tips