NACADA Global Advising Week
May 1-5, 2023
The Global Community for Academic Advising (NACADA) has declared the first week in May as Global Advising Week to honor academic advising in its many impactful forms.
Here at Virginia Tech we understand how essential academic advising is in the success of our students. We are excited to participate in recognizing and appreciating the hard work of our advisors at Virginia Tech.
Check out our schedule of events to find your college celebration!
Event: PALS Advisor Appreciation with free food and swag
Date and Time: Monday, May 1 through Thursday, May 4 from 12pm-3pm each day
Location: 1060 Litton Reaves
Event: Advisor Lunch & Celebration
Date and Time: Thursday, May 4 at 12noon
Event: Pampling Advising Celebration-Breakfast and Pamplin apparel
Date and Time: Monday, May 1 and Wednesday, May 3 from 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Location: 1060 Pamplin
Event: Engineering-NACADA Global Advising Week-free lunch and networking
Date and Time: Friday, May 5 from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Location: D2 at Dietrick Hall
Event: Treat bags and Kudos board
Date and Time TBD
Date and Time: Monday, May 1 at 12:00 p.m.
Event: Academic Advisor Celebration-free lunch and swag
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 3 from 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Location: Newman Library Multipurpose Room
Event: PHS Advising Celebration with free Lunch and swag
Date Time: Friday, May 5 from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Location: 262 Wallace Hall
Event: Professional Development Luncheon
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 3 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Social Media Campaign Raffle
Sponsored by Academic Advising Initiatives and hosted by the Advising Network
The Advising Network is hosting a social media campaign to engage and celebrate our registered members. By participating in this campaign, members have a chance to win 1 of 4 conference registration fees (up to a $500 value each).
If you do not use social media and would still like to participate in the campaign, please email the Advising Network’s Chair, Amanda Armstrong.
Entering the Raffle
- Be a registered member of the Advising Network
- Respond once to at least one daily prompt on Facebook or Instagram between May 1–5, Monday–Friday
- Promote the #VTglobaladvisingweek and #nacadaglobalgratitude (not required)
- You may receive one entry per day into the raffle (up to 5 total entries)
- It is not necessary to respond on both social media platforms
- Winners will be asked to:
- register for their conference by early June, 2023, or
- confirm their intended conference and estimated cost for the 2023-24 academic year to be eligible for a departmental transfer of funds
- If a conference registration fee exceeds $500, the remaining balance would be the responsibility of the member or their department, if that is an option.