Transfer Peer Mentor Program
The Transfer Peer Mentor Program is a FREE peer mentor program that runs the first 6 weeks of each semester. This program connects incoming transfer students with currently enrolled Virginia Tech transferred students for their first year at Virginia Tech. Mentors will work with new transfer students to help incoming transfer students find community and integrate into life at Virginia Tech.
What mentees can expect
- Welcome phone call from your mentor by the first week of classes.
- Frequent communications from mentor
- Meeting with mentors
- Transfer Peer Mentor Program socials, such as:
- Welcome social
- Free pizza and bowling
- Free paint night
- Hikes and other outdoor activities
During the first 6 weeks of the semester mentees are expected to meet with their mentor once and attend at least one Transfer Peer Mentor Program social.
Tips for meeting with your mentor
- Do not be afraid to ask questions. Your mentor was once a brand new transfer student, they know what it is like to be a brand new student at Virginia Tech. They may even know some great tricks and tips. No question is too small or too dumb.
- You do not have to have questions to meet-up with your mentor. If you have no questions for your mentor no worries. They are still a great person to get to know and can be someone you can talk to. They love getting to know their mentees.
Have fun! The mentors are great people and this is a great way to make new friends.